Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lest we Forget....

The eleventh month, on the eleventh day, at the eleventh hour



I have few words that can sum the whole of my graditude to the brave souls who have, and who are fighting for me, for my life, for my freedom. To you, I say Thankyou. Although, it is not enough. There are not enough words in all the languages, spoken by all the peoples of this world. You are heroes, you are the people of legends. Your stories will spread from horizon to horizon, praised throughout the heavens. To me, you are amazing.



President Hinckley said: “Even when the armaments of war ring out in deathly serenade and darkness and hatred reign in the hearts of some, there stands immovable, reassuring, comforting, and with great outreaching love the quiet figure of the Son of God, the Redeemer of the world. We can proclaim with Paul: “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come…Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 8:38–39).”



We can remember that “this life is but a chapter in the eternal plan of our Father. It is full of conflict and seeming incongruities. Some die young. Some live to old age. We cannot explain it. But we accept it with the certain knowledge that through the atoning sacrifice of our Lord we shall all go on living and this with the comforting assurance of His immeasurable love.”




He has said, “Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me” (D&C 19:23).



"I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" - Eve Merriam

No comments:

Post a Comment