Tuesday, November 22, 2011

baby in the basket

I love it when my children play nicely together. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, it feels almost like magic.



Of course the biggest talk in the house these days is about babies. So today, David dubbed Hannah the baby and put her in the doll carriage. Now he's trying to convince her to get back in.



I love the sound of their laughter. I love their smiles. And mostly, I love the spirit that comes when they are being kind to each other.



Lately it's been a bit of a struggle with David. Just saying that makes me laugh. Every day is a struggle with David. Some days it feels to me like if he just tried a little harder everything would go a little smoother. If he would try harder to be nice to Hannah, try harder to listen...But the I realized, that it's not him who has to try harder, it's me. He, if you could believe this, has more penitence than I do. My biggest struggle and lesson in my life is to learn patience. My patriarchal blessing even mentions my eagerness before I came here. This boy is my big test, my lesson, my teacher. I can only hope that I can somehow find the patience to do the best he deserves. Because he really is amazing and wonderful. It can just be hard to remember that when he's climbing on the ceiling.

*************************************************************************************

If you haven't heard of this lady I strongly suggest you check her out. http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com Stephanie Nielson. She is absolutely one of my favorite people ever. She is unbelievably inspirational. She makes me want to be better, and do better. You can also see an interview with her here : http://web.gbtv.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=20005797

No comments:

Post a Comment