Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Pains of Letting Go...even for money! :)

Since yesterday I've started going through all of our things, trying to organize the keep from the toss from the sell. I also started to post some of our items up on used Victoria. I have to say I've gotten a great response to all of our items. Maybe that's a sign I'm not selling them for enough? lol but at this point I think the goal is just to get rid of most of it as quickly as possible. I have to say it's rediculously hard to part with some of these pieces, but we just wont have the room to store unused items, especially all of our baby things. I've posted many items including our bassinet and some playmats. I made James promise that if I sold them he'd buy me new ones if and when we have more babies. I think he's hoping that won't happen so he's saying yes just to make me through this part and hoping I get over the baby fever sooner rather than later. BTW James, that's not going to happen :). Maybe I was hoping they wouldn't sell and then I'd have an excuse to keep them, but so far everything has been spoken for. At least I'll have some extra pocket money, and less to move. Though, it's still hard....

2 comments:

  1. How true! When we moved to Victoria we had to leave EVERYTHING except 2 suitcases in Hawaii... it was so sad =o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to part with (my kids)things too. But slowly I have realized it feels so good to declutter and downsize. It's funny how we can get attached to things like toys.I still have things my mom gave my kids that I really don't want to part with because they are from her, but the ones they don't use at all I have sold. I'm also realizing now that it's time to part with my boy clothes. We do want more kids, but saving boxes and boxes of his clothes is silly, when knowing me I'm going to want new, up-to-date clothes IF I ever have another boy.

    ReplyDelete